Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Topiary

When I saw this topiary for $2 I snatched it up! I new all it needed was a little TLC. First step...rip off all the ugly, dated silk ivy.



I hot glued a bag of moss from the dollar store to the grapevine. I am proud to say not one glue gun burn! Very unusual for me!



I sprayed the moss with Design Master in fresh green. This spruced up the color. If you haven't ever used Design Master it is a great product. It is made for the floral trade but can be used for many projects. The "Just for Flowers" line is a color glaze rather than a paint, so its great for adding a hint of color.



You can see in this picture how the paint brings the color of the moss to life.
I found a pot I had in the garage...and waaalaaa........ Not bad for $3.

Linked to:




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Cute. I won't pass one of those things up at the thrift store again! Nicely done...

    ReplyDelete